Wednesday, February 02, 2011

I'm seriously infected.


I'm infected. I've the Ashtanga yoga infection and every year it gets worse.......

The current diagnosis: A daily yoga practice of about 2 hours is a must. Bathing, commutting to Mysore classes, blogging about the practice, complement the infection. This means that the mornings are dedicated to this passion. All the other necessary activities, like making some money, meeting friends must take place in the remaining time.

This Ashtanga yoga has the potential to change your whole life. As this practice is rather time-consuming, the other activities must be done very smart. To organise the rest of my life is a challenge. Working alone means to be a sun, to shine on oneself. To dawdle is a great seduction. It's so nice to loaf on the bed. Energy is needed, and some organisation skills in order to be prolific. Thanks to the recommendation of Paz I have a tomato here now, it's a timer. I know so well from my yoga home practice how helpful it can be to know how to start, but also to limit the time for an activity is helpful. The tomato technique recommends to work 25 min on a topic, then 5 min rest are recommended. Within 25 min a lot can be done. Then the game starts again. With the tomato timer this technique becomes fun. Shall this method help me to become more prolific.

Hope is not a strategy, I read on Tim Ferriss t-shirt. Action now. January is already over.......OMG.

PS: Your comments on the new blog design are welcomed.
I have to get used to it myself. I'm curious about your impression.

Thank you for buying your amazon products via my blog.

6 comments:

lilasvb said...

ashtanga is a very good addiction

Durga Devi said...

the new desighn is very nice, But I've seen it many times on other blogs. Also some people tattooed these exact birds on themselves

Ursula said...

It's true, I know worse addiction, hahahaha. And I see it more than a passion.
Addiction means for me also that it does damage, but this is not the case with Ashtanga yoga.

Ursula said...

Hahahaha, OMG, yes, I like the birds, but I won't tatoo them on me. I have no tatoo and this shall remain so.

I love the idea.

There are not so many good choices on blogger. The design I chose is still elegant, not to intrusive, a bit less simnple.

Thank you for your feed-back.

Ursula said...

Hahahaha, OMG, yes, I like the birds, but I won't tatoo them on me. I have no tatoo and this shall remain so.

I love the idea.

There are not so many good choices on blogger. The design I chose is still elegant, not to intrusive, a bit less simnple.

Thank you for your feed-back.

yogasu said...

I am glad you have found a love for yoga. However, you may want to make sure that your practice is blaanced, IE not just the ashtanga asnana, but rather practicing Ashtnaga yoga in the classical sense.

Have you explored the other branches/ limbs of yoga?

I think that ahtanga can create in some people a kind of addiction to the physicality of the practice and a stronger attachment to one's body.

Enjoy the practice, but be mindful and focus on the other 7 branches of yoga as well.

Namaste

Susan Martinez, Director
Healing Lotus Yoga & Reiki