Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Strength and flexibility

I practiced a second time today. I switched on the CD player and played the CD by Sharron Gannon "strength and flexibility".

The second practice was more satisfying than the first practice. Garudasana was very good. I could balance in a variation of utthita hasta padangustasana. I don't know when it happened, but my left leg is still sore. I noticed it especially in hanumanasana. I had a block under my body when my right leg was in front of me as well. But I needed more support while my left leg was in front of me. My left leg was much less flexible than my right leg. I even tried to do Mayurasana against a wall and I could hold the position for a few moments with my feet away form the wall. Urdhva Dhanursana was exhausting, but I hold it for 5 breathes.


I have the feeling that I have really enough asanas I'm working on. I don't want to learn new asanas now. Those that I already have are enough. That is a rare feeling. Most of the time I want to learn new things, I'm curious. At the moment I don't need more quantity, I need more quality in my practice. I also write this because Danny Paradise will come to Munich in July for 3 days. I will participate only on 2 days. I'm not yet ready for asanas of the 3rd series which will be teached on the third day. Even to think to learn new asanas, exhausts me.

I was at the optician today. I showed my broken glasses. The shop assistant offered to give me new earpieces. She only had a little bit another color, but I liked the new color as well. Then I asked her:"How much is it?" and she said:"It's for free." I couldn't believe it, but it was true.

I walked through streets with very nice little shops. But I didn't buy anything. I have so many things at home, I need nothing. But I saw so beautiful clothes, shoes, jewelry, food whatever you can imagine. I overcame the temptation to buy and buy.

Now I'm at home again. I will watch TV, world cup French:Swiss and later Brasilia:Croatia. Each match is different and exciting.

No comments: